The RequirementsOur unique culture is not for everybody. We have created success by NOT doing what everyone else does, by looking at old problems with fresh lenses and by being a little, well, quirky. The creativity in our culture is complemented by a strong, entrepreneurial drive for success. We don't just look for employees; we look for talent. That means that a degree can be helpful, but experience is probably more important, and the right attitude can be even more important than experience.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Experience selling software and/or hardware in the franchise automotive industry (we will also consider all-star candidates from other industries who have a proven track-record of success in sales)
- A documented selling success history
- An unwavering drive to always be #1
- Tireless energy to be first to market, first to the dealers
- A strong Rolodex of faithful customers you can attack immediately for instant success
- Strong computer skills and tech-savvy
- An every-day wake-up and “get it done” commitment
- A hunter mentality - no farmers allowed
- Creativity and the ability to find new solutions to existing issues
- A trustworthy reputation
- An honest business soul
- A humble but strong personality
The RoleReporting directly to the VP of Sales, as Regional Sales Executive, your mission will be to sell the myKaarma solution to automotive dealerships and franchises throughout your assigned region. You’ll spend the majority of your time on the phone, making presentations (both online and in person) and attending face-to-face meetings with potential customers.
A typical sales cycle is approximately 45 days, and your key contacts will primarily be General Managers and the Managers of the Parts/Service departments. You’ll join a sales team that includes three other Regional Sales Executives located in other areas throughout the U.S., and one Inside Sales Rep who will help drive leads. It’s important to note that you won’t rely on the Business Development Center for leads, instead you will get out there and prospect and hunt yourself and leverage the relationships you currently have.
We’re taking an aggressive approach to this role and no other company is doing what we are. You’ll be the face of myKaarma out in the marketplace, sharing our value proposition and securing new customers.
More specifically, you will:
- Call on your established network of industry contacts to begin generating and establishing your sales pipeline
- Create a sales plan and strategy to meet your sales goals
- Conduct remote and in-person product demonstrations
- Maintain comprehensive notes and documentation in our CRM system
- Meet sales goals in order to support company revenue growth initiatives
Why myKaarmaStrategic impact
Our tremendous growth has created a need for additional bandwidth for sales executives to work new territories and regions that haven't been touched before. By doing what you do best -- hitting your numbers and closing deals -- you will help our business and your own career grow!
In addition to dramatically expanding our customer base, we are also landing strategic major accounts, proving the value of myKaarma. We have been the official communication and payment platform partner for Mercedes-Benz USA since 2015, and we recently added BMW.
Compelling value propositions
At myKaarma we dream and create solutions that fit "naturally" into the lives of our customers. You and your team will have strong selling points to share with prospects:
- Every business spends money on advertising and coupons, but myKaarma helps auto dealers develop more loyal customers by maximizing the customer experience, treating each interaction with the utmost value.
- myKaarma saves dealers money; for example, our solution helps cut the cost of loaner cars by an average of 17%
- Our systems are very easy to use . . . period.
- Our recorded phone calls make disputes a thing of the past.
- Our advanced user functionality helps service advisors and others be more efficient and shave time off of each transaction. These functionalities include:
- Google-like instant search.
- Customer contact via text, voice, and email from one console.
- Payment via any device, any time.
- Automatic and custom payment requests.
- By integrating with all of major DMS providers, important data is always in sync and up-to-date; through these integrations, myKaarma eliminates 75% of the errors that come from conventional payment methods.
- myKaarma Tablet simplifies and shortens the service lane process by providing a single mobile interface to confirm customer data, inspection and walk-around.
In summer of 2016 myKaarma conducted our first-ever Net Promoter Score (NPS®) survey, earning a score of 82, which far exceeds the benchmark of 25 for the technology industry. This places us on par with such customer service leaders like Apple (76 NPS), Costco (78 NPS) and USAA (80 NPS). Other results:
- Higher productivity = higher profits. We asked how much more productive customers were since myKaarma and results showed an average of 71% increase in productivity.
- Better retention = better profits. 77% of customers said that myKaarma improved their customer retention rates since signing up.
- Informed customers = happy customers. 98% said that myKaarma has improved communication with customers.
- Save money, save stress. 82% said that myKaarma helped reduce authorization disputes since signing up.
Our team is driven by strong intellectual horsepower and supercharged creativity. We're not just outside the box . . . we don't even acknowledge the box. Ideas fly fast and furious, and the environment can seem a little crazy, but that's how we stay ahead of the curve. We work well together and we also engage in activities outside of work together.
In addition to a strong base salary and uncapped commission structure, we also offer a comprehensive benefits package with a lot of fun perks like a gym membership, open vacation (yes, you can take as much as you need as long as you are performing), medical, dental and vision insurance, a flexible work schedule and so much more!
Pictured: Team members celebrate after completing the Los Angeles Marathon in March 2016.
Keys to SuccessAlthough your proven sales chops will be essential for you to have in order to thrive in this role, to truly excel here you will have established interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with decision makers and other key contacts throughout all levels of your dealer franchise customers. We’re looking for a professional with an understanding and command of this market and the ability to walk into the dealerships throughout this region and make an impact right off the bat.
Our VP of Sales strongly believes in the philosophy of:
- A x E = R
- Activity x Execution = Results
You’ll know you’ve found success in this role when you’ve met the following key metrics and KPIs:
- You’ve brought business to myKaarma and closed deals quickly and efficiently
- You’re consistently making at least 12 presentations a week to potential contacts
About UsThe first conversational commerce solution optimized for auto dealer customers' needs.
myKaarma is a startup software company that focuses on enhancing the retail experience for the service departments of car dealerships. The myKaarma application gives the dealership the ability to offer 21st century technology such as a digital point of sale system, mobile payments, and bi-directional texting/calling/email all in one application that is integrated with their current software systems.
The conveniences of the myKaarma application have proven to drastically improve retention by increasing customer satisfaction, and have saved dealerships thousands of dollars by removing inefficiencies. The tools that myKaarma provides are pioneering a space called Conversational Commerce, which focuses on giving the customers the experience they want while they are actually at the dealership, rather than solely directing energy to bringing the customer back after they have left.
myKaarma's philosophy of integrating technology to help build trust with the customer has resonated with the franchised dealership community, and our ever-expanding customer base includes major leading dealership groups, as well as a preferred partner relationship with Mercedes Benz USA.
myKaarma is based in Los Angeles, with offices in Baltimore, Atlanta, Chicago, Detroit and New Delhi, India.
Pictured: Members of our team at National Automobile Dealers Association (NADA) convention in April 2016.